Founded by Stephen Wolfram in 1987, Wolfram Research is one of the world's most respected computer, web, and cloud software companies—as well as a powerhouse of scientific and technical innovation. Read More »
Illinois Small Business Development Center at Champaign County EDC
The Champaign County EDC hosts the Illinois Small Business Development Center. The mission of the Small Business Development Center at Champaign County EDC is to assist in job creation, support entrepreneurship, business start-up, expansion, productivity, and to sharpen small business management in the region. Our organization and partners accomplish this through one-on-one counseling, technical assistance, training seminars, information provision, networking opportunities and business development and real estate expertise.
If you currently own a business and are looking for resources to help your business grow, have a business idea, or have an interest in starting a business, the Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC is a vital step to discovering what resources are available to you.
- Strategic and Growth Planning
- Business Plans and Financial Projections
- Cash Flow Issues and Solutions
- Marketing Plans
- International Trade/Export Assistance
- Financial Analysis
- Evaluation of Intellectual Property Strategies
- Government Procurement (Federal research & development opportunities)
- Market and Customer Research
- Start-up Processes including legal structure, name registration, bookkeeping, etc.
- Electronic Marketing
- Accounting Systems
- Hiring the Right People
- Cooperative Training with SCORE
- Sales Plans and Staff Training
The Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration, Illinois DCEO, the University of Illinois and Champaign County Economic Development Corporation.
To learn more about the Illinois SBDC, schedule an appointment, and view upcoming events, please visit their website .