The premise of the game:
Recruited from around the world, a group of unique and diverse Super Agents are set loose on the city of Seoul to save it from the destructive schemes of the evil supervillain organization LEGION (League of Evil Gentlemen Intent on Obliterating Nations).
Pick your choice of Agents for your squad, and swap between them on the fly in a fully open world filled with missions, activities, and secrets to uncover.
Some fun facts about Volition + Agents of Mayhem the game:
– The studio has been in Champaign for 21 years.
– There are around 200 employees at Volition, 80 of them with 10+ years of experience at the company.
– They have a combined total of 1,500 years of experience at the studio.
– Agents of Mayhem has ½ a million combinations of customizable elements (characters, weapons, skins, mods, etc.).
– Agents of Mayhem has more than 30,000 lines of voice recorded. The text (not voice) has been translated into 6 languages beyond English.
– Volition team members consumed more than 30,000 bagels in the time it took to build the engine, tools, and the Agents of Mayhem game.
– Volition had over 720 people worldwide work on the game.
The Volition team welcomed the community to celebrate the launch of the game on Friday, August 18, 2017 from 5-10 pm at One Main Plaza (1 E. Main Street) in downtown Champaign. Attendees played the new game, hung out with game developers, and enjoy Mayhem-themed food and drinks from local establishments. Agents of Mayhem character cutouts were placed at local businesses around Champaign County for the #AoMSelfie contest. View event photos here.