Grand Opening: Huawei R&D Champaign
Congrats to Huawei on the opening of their Champaign R&D office! Located in University of Illinois Research Park, the site is the company’s first lab attached to a University in the United States.
In order to create a strategic partnership in higher education, this Huawei site will be used as a nationwide model for the company and will run a software lab at Research Park.
- Laura Frerichs, Director – University of Illinois Research Park
- John Wilkin, Provost – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Jennifer Bernhard, Associate Dean for Research – College of Engineering at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Ziang Hu, Vice President and Huawei Fellow & Director of Silicon Valley Infrastructure Software Technology Lab – Huawei
- Rhiannon Clifton, University Program Manager – Huawei Champaign R&D
Watch a video of the ribbon cutting ceremony here. View event photos here & here.