Champaign-Urbana AgTech Week
Champaign-Urbana AgTech Week – Schedule of Events: March 6-10, 2023
Champaign-Urbana has long been a hub for technology as well as agriculture. In the past decade, those two paths have converged, paving the way for the community to become an “epicenter for AgTech.” Learn more about AgTech in Champaign-Urbana at https://www.yourewelcomecu.com/agtech/.
Monday, March 6, 2023
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
AgTech Innovation Summit
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Join us to explore how technology solutions are addressing some of the most significant challenges facing agriculture today – and learn about what is on the horizon. This interactive conference offers participants the opportunity to learn and share knowledge about the current state of AgTech and looking into the future through dynamic panels, inspiring keynote presentations, and networking opportunities.
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Thursday, March 9, 2023
Friday, March 10, 2023
AgTech Community Highlights, March 2021-March 2022
- Parkland College and AGCO Corporation, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and precision ag technology, announced a new technical training program, leveraging AGCO technical experts to train technicians from existing dealerships to support the company’s ag equipment, such as tractors and planters. AGCO will soon celebrate its expansion in University of Illinois Research Park and further engagement with the College of ACES.
- Serra Ventures announced that its latest fund, the Serra Capital Ag Tech Fund, has closed over $45 million in funding commitments.
- The Early College and Career Academy (ECCA) announced a new Precision Agriculture Fundamentals certificate. This six-credit hour certificate will prepare graduating high school seniors for internships or entry-level employment in precision agriculture, and will allow stacking with other Parkland agriculture credentials such as the Precision Agriculture Technology certificate or the Precision Agriculture associate’s degree.
- The Illinois AgTech Accelerator’s portfolio companies are active in over 30 countries and have raised over $20M.
- FrostDefense Envirotech Inc., an AgTech startup based at the EnterpriseWorks technology incubator in Research Park, was awarded a highly competitive SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) Phase II grant by the National Science Foundation. The $1 million, two-year award will expand the company’s capacity to further develop its propriety technology to protect grapes from early spring frost damage. The two-year funding will help the company accelerate production and bring its specialty product to the market.
- A $45 million gift from the University of Illinois alumna Doris Kelley Christopher will support the creation of an engagement-rich center located in the Arboretum on the Urbana-Champaign campus. The Doris Kelley Christopher Illinois Extension Center will serve as the future home of Illinois Extension, uniting six state Extension offices currently on campus into one vibrant, welcoming space. The center will serve as a bridge between discovery research conducted at the University of Illinois and the translation of that work into communities around the state and beyond.
- The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Soybean Value Chain Research (Soybean Innovation Lab, “SIL”) at the University of Illinois was awarded $5 million by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to train and empower other Feed the Future Innovation Labs to achieve sustained impact from their innovations.
- Realizing Increased Photosynthetic Efficiency (RIPE), which is led by the University of Illinois and located in University of Illinois Research Park, is engineering crops to be more productive by improving photosynthesis, the natural process all plants use to convert sunlight into energy, and ultimately yield. The RIPE project is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research, and U.K. Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.
- After nearly two years of construction, the new Feed Technology Center at the University of Illinois is complete and open for business. Bringing this facility online cements the university’s role as a national leader in animal nutrition innovation and signals its active collaboration with the grain, livestock, companion animal, and feed industries.
2022 CU AgTech Week – Photos & Videos:
2022 AgTech Innovation Summit (Video), UI Research Park
2022 CU AgTech Week – Press:
View the 2022 Champaign-Urbana AgTech Week proclamation from Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen (City of Champaign) and Mayor Diane Wolfe Marlin (City of Urbana).
Matt Riggs Wins 2022 Glen “GB” Brandt Prize for Ag Entrepreneurism, UI Research Park
AgTech Innovation Summit, WCIA 3 News
From the Farm: Parkland Ag Tech Showcase, WCIA 3 News
AgTech Innovation Summit Returns to the “Epicenter of AgTech”, UI Research Park
Parkland to showcase ag technology careers, The News-Gazette
Next week is Champaign-Urbana AgTech Week, Smile Politely
Parkland Collge to Host Parkland AgTech Showcase, Parkland College
Champaign-Urbana AgTech Week Returns with In-Person and Virtual Events, Champaign County EDC