RINGR allows users to record a conversation with anyone, anywhere in the world, on any device, and have it sound like the two parties are in the same room at the same time. Read More »
Grand Opening: The Tech Nest at AARP
The new technology lab, a 2,700 square-foot innovation-focused facility, enables AARP to collaborate with University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students and faculty on leading-edge, technology-based research and creative solutions to address the needs of the 50-plus population.
The Tech Nest will focus on developing prototypes in the fields of artificial intelligence, mobile apps, information security, biometrics and software engineering. By leveraging the university’s academic research and adjacent startup community, AARP will create opportunities to enhance the daily lives for us all as we age.
– Laura Frerichs, Director of University of Illinois Research Park
– Peter Schiffer, Vice Chancellor at UIUC
– Ed Seidel, Vice President for Research at UIUC
– Craig Rost, Executive Director at Champaign County Economic Development Corporation
– Terry Bradwell, Executive Vice President & Chief Enterprise Strategy and Innovation Officer at AARP
– Amy Doherty, Chief Information Officer at AARP
– Jose Hernandez, Vice President – Information Tecnology at AARP
Learn more about The Tech Nest: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161012006334/en/AARP-University-Illinois-Announce-Opening-Tech-Nest
Photos from the Grand Opening celebration: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154097470612807.1073741864.122833457806&type=1&l=e6498a948e
Photos from UI Research Park: https://www.facebook.com/uiresearchpark/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1255202107865298